Writing & Teaching for the Sewing Community
I love to write, I love to sew and I love to help build the sewing community and industry. Writing about sewing is an incredible privilege!
My many years of sewing and teaching experience and my background as the Marketing, Web Site and Social Media Manager for a local chain of four large fabric stores all combine to create success in my current freelance work-at-home life.
My current clients include:
My teaching expertise includes:
- Properties of Fabrics & Fibers
- Making successful choices, what fibers are available in various fabrics, fabric care and what’s new
- Sewing With Knits
- Percentage of stretch, pattern choice, using a serger or a sewing machine, techniques for success, types of knit fabrics and their uses
- Making a Basic T-Shirt
- Pattern and fabric choice, cutting, sewing and layout, successful neck finishes
- Sewing Swimwear
- Fabrics, care, techniques, elastic, lining
- Double Gauze
- Choosing clothing patterns, fabric features and care, sewing and pressing techniques
- Fast Fashion
- Quick techniques and shortcut tips for today’s sewist who has limited time to sew
So what do you need and how can I help?
- You are welcome to share any of my blog posts. Just be sure to link back to my blog and please use no more than two images. If you have another idea outside of these parameters, let me know!
- If you’d like to talk about how I can help with your blog, web content, social media, publications or teaching, I’d love to hear from you!
Write to me, Annette Allison Millard, at sewfullife at gmail dot com and let’s create a plan for success together!