Thank you for joining me in my Sewful Life! As you can see, my blog is new and the fun has just begun. Be sure to sign up for email notifications, so you’ll know about each new post. I have so much more info, tips and inspiration for you!
We’ll talk mostly about sewing, but you may find a bit of knitting, embroidery, spinning and weaving thrown in, too. I firmly believe in the power of making, the joy it brings us and the restorative power it has in our lives!
My own stitching began about the age of three sewing buttons on doll clothes. I learned embroidery at five along with knitting and crochet, made my first dress at ten and was given my own sewing machine at twelve. I am forever indebted to my mother and the other precious women who passed on to me the gifts of creativity and inspiration that have made my journey joyful.
My hubby, Rosie the Terrier, and I live just north of the beautiful city of Seattle where I am privileged to enjoy the amazing sights of our tremendous mountains, shimmering lakes and harbors and the green grasses and trees that our year-round rain abundantly nourishes for us.
If you have ideas of what you’d like to see or questions about my posts, please contact me at sewfullife at gmail dot com. I’d love to hear from you – you’ll find me right here in my Sewing Spa, always happiest with fabric and fiber in my hands!
Stitching with joy,
Annette Allison Millard
- You can follow The Sewful Life on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter, too!
- If you’d like to know more about the work I do in my Sewful Life, visit my Writing & Teaching page.
- And, here’s part of my knitting life . . . For 11 years on behalf of Pacific Fabrics, my former employer, I helped originate, plan and promote Stitch ‘n Pitch – A Night for Knitters with the Seattle Mariners. In honor of that role, they asked me (yes, ME!) to throw out the First Pitch at the 2016 Stitch ‘n Pitch game. My friend, Patty, trained me so I wouldn’t embarrass myself and it was a blast!! You can click here and watch the video.
- Moment of Further Truth: Some of the products and fabrics you’ll see in my posts have been provided to me by the manufacturers. The opinions are always my own and I don’t gush about things that I don’t actually love!
- Affiliate Links: There are affiliate links on my site. That means that I may get paid a little cash when you click on a link or buy something from that link. It helps me in my work life and keeps me writing and encouraging you. So, thank you for your support!